Monday, December 25, 2006

Notes

This was made for my friend Jill to be something of an introduction to my music. The selections span pretty much my entire catalog, back to Christian on up to A Fine White Season. I didn't just give her ...Season because that was too uneven an album in my opinion, even though it was a complete thought. The tracks on Safe all tend to hit or hover around the same note of ambience. And makes for a more coherent overview of What Chris Likes To Do With Music On His Computer. I dodge all the overly experimental stuff, the harsher noises and other oddness. This would be something I'd give to anybody. I didn't actually end up sharing this with anyone else, though. I never heard back from Jill about it, so I don't know if it's actually a palatable compliation. Needless to say, when I'm making "Best of..." albums, my creative wheels must be spinning uselessly. I can't recall what was up in my life at the time, but creative blocks are awful to live through.

[Since there are no new tracks on this that aren't represented elsewhere, I'm not going to set up the links until I have the rest of the albums uploaded. Then I can point to them directly.]

No comments: